Wednesday, March 5, 2008

tea time

Dear Molly,

Does god exist? Is he male or female?

-Dudebro

Dudebro, god is what you choose to believe. You may be part of a religion that has this mapped out for you. You could also worship inanimate objects. You could think god is just a force. I cannot tell you what god is because it is a decision you must make for yourself.



Dear Molly,

How do I achieve the 'starving artist' look?

-Anonymous

My first question would be, why do you want this look? It's a little bit played out. I used to go to a catholic sports high school where polos and booty pants were what was up, so most people went with that. But now, you go to art school. You can do whatever. If you're going for edgy, you could kick more ass with a crisp button down shirt, khakis and a spash of pearls than paint splattered everything. However, it seems that you are determined. Avoid neon. Unless it's dirty as fuck and ripped to shreds. We all know american apparel is expensive and nobody ain't foolin' nobody. Damn, I don't even care. Just put some clothes on. Don't starve though. The cafeteria is right there. Can't fool nobody.



Dear Molly,

Should I smoke all of your cigarettes or just one?

-Eric

I mean, I guess you can have one now and then. We smoke the same brand. I should bum them from you a lot more. In fact, i'll do that today. ON A SIDE NOTE. This one time I was at this party and this panicked dude shuffled up to me with wide eyes asking "yo dude can I bum five?" People should do this a lot more because it's hilarious. Just not to me.



Dear Molly,

Do you like to eat cheese whilst sitting upon the royal throne of waste relieving?

-Anonymous

Dana. Shitting is great. Why would I want to ruin this euphoria by trying to digest something at the same time?



Dear Molly,

Sometimes when i'm walking, I see someone from a distance, and they see me and we don't know when to start saying hi and we pretend not to see each other until we pass. What to do?

-Helpless Heather


Do what you actually feel like doing. Sometimes you'll end up grinning from a mile away and waving your arms to acknowledge your friend. Some days, you are schlumping a lot of supplies and all you can manage is to pull up your head at the last minute and let out a feeble "hey". The thing about this school (and especially the freshman situation) is that we see each other all the time especially while traveling in between the network of campus buildings. It's tough to be cordial all the time. I think everybody knows this deep down.

No comments: